Being happy all the time is hard. No one can do it. However, there’s a difference between being happy and being positive. It’s so easy to become pessimistic when life itself is crumbling away so here are my top 5 tips on how to stay positive!
- Smile/Laugh. If you’re having a bad day, naturally, your energy will reflect on other people. Whilst walking down the street, why not smile back at the stranger who smiled at you when walking past? Smiling tricks your brain into thinking that you’re happy and bingo, endorphins are released! (Sorry for the blurry picture!)
- Eat that *insert food* you’re dying to eat. Forget the fact that you’re on a diet or that you just went to the gym. We only live once so make the most out of it! Eat them crisps that you really want to eat then go to the gym after! Our favourite foods are called comfort foods for a reason!
- Turn your phone off. Social media can sometimes emotionally drain us without us realising. Whether its a tweet that annoyed you or just a comment on instagram, we have to learn how to not let the hate ruin our mood. Turn your phone off, listen to music, read a book/magazine and just chill. Absorb what’s going on around you instead and don’t let social media ruin your day.
- Don’t rely on others. There are sooo many people who rely on their boyfriends/girlfriends/bestfriends/family to make them happy. We have to learn how to be strong and independent ourselves! Stop relying on other people to do certain things for you, then get upset when they don’t. Keep your head up girl! *inserts i’m a strong independent woman gif*
- Be yourself. Don’t try and act like somebody you’re not. Being somebody you’re not will be the most damaging so don’t do it! If someone doesn’t accept you for who you are, then just leave them! They are not worth your time and they shouldn’t be affecting your mood!
So these are my top 5 tips! If you have anymore please comment them down below!