So I’ve been receiving lots of comments and messages lately asking me how my hair is frizz-free even though it’s curly, and I think it’s now the perfect time to share my top tips!
Even though summer is coming to an end and it is now nearly Autumn, you may be wondering why I have written this post. However, for us curly haired girls, frizz is never just a seasonal thing! So here are my top tips to bring out your hairs potential (even if you don’t have curly hair)!
- Forget about the hairdryer. Ever since I have let me hair air dry, I have never gone back! Allowing your hair to dry by itself will reduce frizz however there are right and wrong ways of doing this which leads me on to the next point…
- Use a cotton t-shirt instead of a towel to dry your hair. Without us even realising, towels can damage hair by worsening split ends or weakening the strands. This is why cotton t-shirts are key for reducing the damage your hair receives and to also keep your curls feel lightweight! Try this and thank me later!
- Dry only the ends of your hair. The second your roots get in contact with a towel or heat from a hairdryer, say bye to the thought of frizz-free hair! This may sound dramatic but using a t-shirt to dry the ends of your hair and then leaving the roots to air-dry will
- Coconut Oil is your best friend. Whenever I come out of the shower, I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair and then rinse it back out with water. This is such a simple but vital step because coconut oil provides moisture and has nearly the same effect as conditioner. Also, it is AMAZING to use if you have problems with detangling your curls!
- Ditch the heat! Not only your hairdryer but your straighteners, curlers too! Sometimes we need to just take a step back and leave our hair in its natural state, no matter how bad you think it looks.
I would love to hear any other tips down below in the comments! Lets all help each other out!